Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Putting on Love: Lenten Walk Day 1

Inside, I am filled with His love.

I feel it in the skip of my heart, and taste it in the salt of my tears. I see His love in the sway of the trees on a breezy day and hear it in the soft melody of my daughter's voice.

Inside, I am full of love.

So, as those who have been chosen of God,

I woke up this morning. The house was quiet, the sun sneaking a peak at me through the cracks of my curtains, tugging on my drunken eyelids. God awakened me to another one of His days.

holy and beloved,

I went to wake up my little girl with a kiss. Liani opened her big doe-like eyes and embraced me with her small arms. Her eyes closed again, so easily secured by my presence at her bed.

put on a heart

My youngest crawled out of her bed and caressing her big sister's hair, coaxing her to awaken. She wants to play with her, but first they greet each other's early rising with a kiss and a giggle.

of compassion and kindness,

I look around the messy room, toys thrown, little crayons, mostly broken in half, strewn about on the floor besides the wall they finished coloring. It has become a canvas of abstract art, creativity, in my little ones' eyes seen everywhere. I can only try to remember this stage of understanding but to enter in and change it all would violate their comfort. Instead I started to organize the pieces. Naya picks up alongside me. She still wants to play.

humility, gentleness and patience;

"Naya and I made a big mess mommy." An apology.
"I know baby. It's okay. I'll help you clean it up."

bearing with one another, and forgiving each other...

Today marks the beginning of Lent. It is the beginning of a passage through a dark tunnel that eventually leads to the brightest of lights. Today, as we are marked with ashes, as we confess our sins and receive God's mercy, cleansed, we commence our journey through the dark, just like a new baptism. Praying, watching, meditating, sacrificing with hope until the brightest of days is upon us. We will watch as Jesus cloths Himself with the garment of our sins. Indeed, it is heavy, dirty and stained.

Sins that don't belong to Him.

Sins He loving takes from us.

He puts on our sins for love.

Beyond all these things put on love
which is the perfect bond of unity.

He is in my mind as I say my morning prayers, as I ask for the tools for today.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,

The small sacrifices I will make for the next forty days are minute compared to the sacrifice of one's life. Our Father, who supplied the lamb, unspotted and perfect so that we may awake today, be forgiven and give Him all the glory.

to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Every breath that I take belongs to Him.

singing with thankfulness in your heart to God.

I will live today with the excitement of a blue jay in flight, with the peace of the mountains on the horizon, bowing down in gratitude like the trees moved by the wind.

do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
-Colossians 3:12-17

Thank You.

Thank You.

Thank You.

Thank You.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment