Sunday, March 27, 2011

Today's Gift: Lenten Walk Day

I spent some time with our teens today.

Balloon games and human knots.

Amidst the laughter and silliness there's a hidden wisdom that surfaces over the gullible.

It's in this moment that I realize how God is giving me a glimpse of what I missed, yet, He wants me to have this in a different way. I can't dismiss His Glory through these kids. They make me laugh and smile so much. It reminds me of how much Jesus must have laughed when he was having fun. How much of His good humor He shared.

As an adult I sometimes forget to laugh. I take things too seriously.

But then a few balloons come out and my heart can't contain so many giggles.

And it helps me to forget that I didn't have this then...

because God is giving it to me now.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment