Sunday, March 13, 2011

Reflection: Lenten Walk Day

As I rode back home today, I said goodbye to the gift of the weekend with women whom I just met this year. I looked back at all we did, all we spoke about, all we felt together and as individuals, as if we knew and loved each other always.

I felt loved.

As I rode back home, tired and exhausted from prayer and laughter, I felt loved. Loved by these women, loved by God for allowing me to meet them, for allowing me to share with them and them share with me.

I reflected on how Jesus never abandons me. He's provided for me all my life, more than my earthly parents could ever provide for me. He gave His life up, for me. He chose to suffer over and over for me. He performed miracles for me. He feeds me. He teaches me. And even in those moments, those days, those years when I chose self-pity, sin, darkness, self, not once did He leave my side. Whether I chose to see it or not, He stood with me, cried when I cried and despaired when I despaired.

His love and His promises have never changed.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
-Hebrews 13:8

So here I am, reflecting on three days of immense love that overwhelms all the hurt, all the wrong, all the pain of my whole life. Three days of deep reflection that brought an even deeper happiness and God-awareness in me. I no longer want to worry. I no longer want to sin. I no longer want to question, distrust.

I want to give in.

"...and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me..."
-Galatians 2:20

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment