Saturday, January 29, 2011

He Allows This!

Remember in the Gospel, when Jesus travels to Galilee to the river Jordan? Remember, He goes to be baptized by John the Baptist but John tells Him,

“I need to be baptized by you, and you come to me?”
-Matthew 3:14

Here is John, baptizing all these people. Thousands come to repent, to be cleansed of sin with water, by his hand, so that they can be nearer to the Lord. He even sends away the Pharisees and the Sadduccees, calling them a "brood of vipers", telling them that their ancestry means nothing if they harbor evil in their hearts. John has been given the ability to do all of this even when he himself says that someone mightier than he is coming, and how he isn't worthy to untie His sandal straps.

Yet Jesus tells him,

"Allow it now, for this is the fitting way for us to fulfill all righteousness."
-Matthew 3:15

I have been called to be a part some many great things in the church and for the church and community. I never would've dreamed I'd be given the permission and the support not only from the clergy, but from my peers. To have said "No", to have refused for whatever reason would be to reject God's plan. I've met amazing people, the type of people that are genuine and sincere. They all share in my love for Jesus. We love to rejoice together.

Feeling blessed.

Jesus allows this!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment