Monday, January 24, 2011

In Constant Battle

I admire missionaries. They go out into the unknown with a special mission, to spread the Good News. They go to foreign countries, where they know no one. They don't know the customs, traditions, the rules, laws. They have to learn them. They have to struggle, resist the challenges not only of culture shock, but of the natives who don't want them there.

They carry the word of God in their hearts and hands.

God is my shield.

But, I don't need to be a missionary to feel the need to grab my shield. I'm constantly in battle everyday. From my own home alone I am constantly being challenged. When I visit relatives, I feel constantly challenged. A request to say a prayer over a meal gets me nothing but resistance.

I find myself praying alone sometimes.

I feel I am a one woman army most times.

But I'll never turn back.

I'm on a mission too. I have a To-Do List that I need to get to. I don't have a five-year plan. I have to trust that God will provide for me five minutes from now. I have to walk blindly through the world, only keeping my eyes on Him. I have my Shield to protect me.

"the Lord is my strength and my shield"
-Psalms 28:7

Lord Jesus, I trust You will protect me always from those that want to distance me from You. Help me to continue to pray for those that don't see, that don't hear. Help me to remember that although this passage feels lonely, I am never alone, as long as You are by my side.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment