Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rising to Conquer the World: Lenten Walk Day 40

He is risen! Alleluia, alleluia!

My friend says to me that after every Good Friday is an Easter. The Pastor also said that very same thing in his homily tonight. It's true. In our minds, in our hearts, we all know the glory that is Easter and how it must procede the suffering and pain. Easter changes the way we see our life and death, our sins and the need for forgiveness, our love or lack of love, how much we see versus how much we believe. Jesus rises to put an end to our pain, but in order for us to realize the end result, we must also see the necessity for the pain itself.

And so in our lives we will experience joy and pain. Jesus knows this, doesn't deny it.

In the world you have trouble and suffering, but take courage, I have conquered the world.
John 16:33 (NET)

That's it folks!

That is all He needs to say to me. I lay down everything that hurts me to The One who conquers the world. To The One who asks for my wrongs to make them right. With open arms He takes it all in and still, with the weight of the world's sin and strife, He conquers it!

Alleluia!

Easter is a celebration of Jesus' conquest over sin, our sins. I celebrate this with a full full heart. I was emptied this Lenten Walk. Little by little, I was poured out, let loose, left wide open for something, someone so much better then life itself.

Now He has filled with me with love and thankfulness. Love and thanks.

Happy Easter and God bless!

1 comment: