Friday, April 1, 2011

Growth Spurt: Lenten Walk Days 21-22

My days are consolidated for the following reasons:

1. I've been busy with our Confirmation Candidates lately,

2. Most of what I write about are things that stay with me for days, maybe even weeks and they develop into the dialogging I have with you.

Okay, so on to the topic at hand...

~~~~~~

I was listening to an interview with JJ Heller on the radio this weekend and she said something that really stuck.

The more thankful we are to Jesus, the bigger He becomes in our lives.

Not her exact words but the idea is pretty much the same and I couldn't agree more. Speaking from my own personal experience, I have so much to be thankful for. I often forget to say thank you to so many things when I am praying, but the things I do remember keep me on my knees for a while.

It's just that now, since I see how good He is to me I feel horrible if I don't say a thank you.

I'm not sure if that is the right reason to want to say thank you, but it is how I feel.

Everyday, there's something new to see and learn. I went to Mass both Saturday night and Sunday and I heard the same readings both times. Yet, Sunday, those very same words sounded so different from Saturday and vice versa. The same gospel meant two different things to me on those respective days.

And they were both things I needed to hear.

So thank You God, Creator of my world and life. Everyday, You give me something new to ponder and every morning I long to learn more. Please help me to put all your teaching to good use, in my life and in the lives of others.

God is huge to me right now, but for some reason, not huge enough. Bigger is better!

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment