Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Knit and Pearl: Lenten Walk Day 25

"God is working in me."
-All I Need, by Shawn McDonald

I took up knitting when I was pregnant with Liani. My good friend Irma showed me the basics and I took off from there. It was such a calming act, slowly making something out of unwound string that gradually becomes a soft blanket a baby can dream on.

I never finished my project and you know what? That's okay. I don't need to finish everything. I believe we're all unfinished. We all have incompleteness in our lives, things we need to work out or work on. Time is eternal for Our Lord and He takes His time with us. Like knitting, every small stitch will turn into a huge blanket. Although the knit and pearl are small, they are not insignificant. One mess up and it leaves a hole.

My small soul has many holes. Some are gapping wide; others small yet noticeable. Here's the thing; before I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I thought those holes would stay, that I had to live with them there, there's no going back, but did you know that even while knitting, you can go back and fill a hole back in? Yes, you grab yarn from the previous knits and pearls and, in a way, bring them up to fill in that hole. So is the same with the soul. God will provide something in our lives, perhaps it's always been there or maybe it is something new. However, He will never leave a hole in our souls. The very moment we surrender to Him, He fills us up, fixes us and continues working in us.

I love His pace though. He's very careful as He knits and pearls us to completion, His scarred Hands cautiously making each stitch, lovingly going back to fix any mess ups, all to make us complete.

Knit and pearl, knit and pearl.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment